• You can drive in New Zealand if:
    • you hold a driver licence or driving permit from another country
    • your overseas licence or driver permit is current and valid,
    • you've not received a disqualification or suspension in New Zealand
    • you entered New Zealand less than 12 months ago
    • your overseas licence is in English (if it's not, you must have an accurate translation)
    • you've not been granted a New Zealand driver licence, and
    • you have not renewed, requalified or reinstated a New Zealand driver licence since you last entered New Zealand.
  • You cannot drive in New Zealand if:
    • your overseas licence has expired or is suspended, revoked or disqualified in the country of issue; or
    • you have had a 28 day suspension, been served a suspension for demerit points or been disqualified by the courts in New Zealand.

Please note, to rent a vehicle with Mighway in New Zealand you must be 21 or over. 

Do you need license translation? Mighway can provide this service for a fee. At time of booking, select "Addons" then add "License Translation".